Monday, November 26, 2012

Yumeko’s Photo Challenge – Makeup Colors Edition

This challenge was started by Yumeko, but I've wanted to take part in it since I saw that The Driveller did it this summer. Forgive the crappy pictures, it's really is dark and wintry outside today!


1. Black



I honestly don't have much black in my stash, so figured I could add MAC's Blot as the case is black (I don't think they make the product itself as dark as black).

* MAC Blot Powder
* Art Deco eyeshadow base
* Essence Midnight in Paris gel liner
* Majolica Majora Lash Expander Frame Plus mascara
* Inglot 80HP brush (I love it!)
* Urban Decay Perversion eyeshadow

2. Brown



Picking brown products was much easier than the black ones as I have quite a lot of brown eyeshadows (in the picture just a few random ones).

* Inglot bronzing powder 76
* Urban Decay Roach
* Too Faced Sexpresso
* Catrice Go Charlie Brown
* Inglot 363 (my all time fav crease color)
* Rouge Bunny Rouge Abyssinian Catbird (since bronze fits this category too!)
* Bobbi Brown Chocolate Shimmer Ink gel liner
* China Glaze Chocoholic
* Shu Uemura drawing pencil in brown

3. White



You would think that white is so basic, but there are actually not many products that can be placed in this category! 

* Suqqu cotton
* Silk Naturals Ultimate Luxury Powder
* Yaby White
* MAC Summer Rose 
* Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxy
* Hourglass Mineral Veil (my CP from the US with a new bottle of this can't come quicker!)
* Iwostin Rosacin (my day cream)

Suqqu cotton. It's soft, absorbent,
but  doesn't fall apart when you use it. 
4. Orange [since Sephora named it color of the year this year]



As you can see in the picture, I'm a huge fan of orange. I like it on my eyes, cheeks and lips. I even found a lovely orange nail polish. 

* Essie Orange, It's Obvious (can't believe how opaque this is!)
* Maybelline Fierce & Tangy (makes a good base for orange powder eyeshadows)
* Hourglass Muse (it looks red in the tube, but orangeizes on the lips)
* Catrice Carrots of the Carribean (muted orange, on par with other Catrices!)
* Inglot AMC Shine 10 (more vibrant IRL)
* Inglot 108R
* Sleek Lantern blush
* Ziaja Sopot Spa sunscreen
* Revlon Sizzle gloss
* Ellis Faas L304


5. The most popular color in your makeup collection.

Pink?


I really thought I could go for mint greens, but wanted to include some lip products and obviously I don't have any mint green lipsticks. 

* Sleek Pomegranate
* Korres Quince
* Essie Tour de Finance (the first shimmery pink polish I actually love and that doesn't look ugly on my ugly nails!)
* Real Techniques Stipple Brush (I use this one with pigmented blushes, such as Pomegranate)
* Revlon Balm Stain in Lovesick (can't rave enough about those!)
* Dior Addict Extreme Plaza 
* Yaby Berry Splats

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. That orange pic makes me smile :D You should make a post like this too:)

      Delete
  2. Love this kind of posts!! Wow Maybelline Fierce & Tangy looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fierce and Tangy is beautiful indeed, I have to think of the ways of how I can incorporate it in my everyday looks! Thanks for looking!

      Delete