Sunday, October 28, 2012

Valued in October 2012

Yes, I've been away. But maybe it's not necessarily a bad thing?

I had a wonderful holiday in September and still live through memories from it. But cold October arrived quickly and made sure I'm sniffly, sleepy and more grumpy than I normally am. However, there have been a few things that helped me to survive this month and this is a post about them.

1) The Great Mystery by Philosophy.
I don't know what I've been doing to my skin that it's in such a bad state at the moment. Congested, uneven, old, but The Great Mystery improves it a little. People use it in various ways: as a mask, as an exfoliating cleanser, some even as a moisturizer. I use it instead of a cleanser in the morning (and at night if I feel my skin is really desperate), let it sit on my skin for about 2 minutes and  rinse it off with a ton of lukewarm water. Its herbal scent is refreshing and invigorating, helps to wake up (although I fully and naturally wake up by midday). It seems to make my pores appear smaller and skin a bit tighter. Score!

2) Missha Perfect Cover BB cream.
This is the first bb cream I tried, love at first sight. I've been wearing another bb cream, BRTC Jasmine Water, most days, but decided to come back to Perfect Cover as it has better coverage and definitely hides any discolorations/blemishes more effectively. To be honest, after months and months of using bb creams, I hate the feel of standard foundations on my skin!

3) Lavshuca Dramatic Memory Rouge PK2.
This light pink/peach lipstick has been my go to lip product this month, especially on those days when I have to get up at 5:30 and have no more than 10 minutes to do my makeup. It feels so comfortable on my picky lips and makes me look put together in a few seconds. I only wish Lavshuca products were more accessible to us, Europeans.

4) Fresh Sugar and Fresh Rose.
I've already written here about my love for Fresh Rose. Its clear and balmy sister, Sugar,  is just as nice and makes a good base for other lip products.

5) Shiseido Jungle trio.
Some of you know my obsession with green eyeshadows. I'm not sure if they really complement my eyes and my skintone, but it doesn't stop me from buying them. Shiseido Jungle doesn't swatch very well, but it's definitely more vivid and more sparkly when applied on the lids. Buttery soft and smooth, these eyeshadows are just a dream to work with.

6) Sally Hansen Mega Shine top coat.
I change my nail polish every two days, mostly because polishes chip on me quickly and also because I get bored easily. This top coat doesn't prevent from chipping or wearing off, but I love how (mega)shiny it makes my nails look.

7) Wiesław Myśliwski "Traktat o łuskaniu fasoli".
This book was awarded a prestigious Polish literary award, Nike, in 2007. I don't know why I was waiting for so long to read it. Perhaps one of the reasons for it was that in 2006/2007 I was just finishing my degrees and trying to fit anything not related to them in my schedule was impossible? It's a novelmonologue, story or rather stories told to a stranger by an old man. While shelling beans, this old man describes his life, war trauma, his dreams, passions (saxophone, hats) and immigration. His stories are interwoven with thoughts on life and death, coincidence and destiny, I and you. And I trust him, I believe it all.

"The only place for a person is only within himself/herself. It doesn't matter if we are here, somewhere else or  wherever. Now or whenever. Everything outside is an illusion, coincidence, mistake. A person is especially a place."

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, M:) For some reason I think being back will stop me from buying stuffs:) Wishful thinking:)

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful post to come back with, dear pixie :*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Fresh Sugar balms; tried out Fresh Sugar today under a really drying semi-permanent lipstick and it actually made the lipstick feel pleasant. :) Glad you had a lovely September and don't you ever leave me again ;_;

    ReplyDelete